Residency Documentation for PTK Scholarships

PTK Scholarships -

Scholarships administered on Phi Theta Kappa’s website are open to students with a variety of residency statuses, and due to donor stipulations, applicants may be required to provide documentation if selected as a scholarship finalist.  Note the residency status guidelines below per scholarship program:

  • All-USA Academic Team, New Century Pathway Scholarships, Guistwhite, Hites, AMSA Pre-Med Transfer, TEK Productions, Pacific Region Transfer, IPSLEI (Richard L. Resurreccion, Ronny J. Coleman, & Gordon Graham), PTK Workforce Development, and Hurst Review NCLEX® Scholarships allow for US Citizens/Nationals, US Permanent Residents, Temporary Residents, International Students attending US College with an F-1 Visa, PTK members enrolled in associate degree programs in Canada or a sovereign nation where a PTK chapter exists, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, Humanitarian Parolees, and Refugee residency statuses.
  • Coca-Cola Academic Team, Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise, and Dr. Mary Hood Texas Region Scholarships allow for US Citizens/Nationals, US Permanent Residents, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, Humanitarian Parolees, and Refugee residency statuses.
  • Global Leaders of Promise Scholarships allow Temporary Residents, International Students, and students who are members of PTK chapters outside of the United States to apply.
  • Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarships are open to all residency statuses and undocumented students.

The residency status and corresponding documents below are the ONLY acceptable forms of residency at this time as these guidelines are instituted by donor contracts.

  • US Citizen/National* (US Birth Certificate and US Passport)
  • US Permanent Resident* (Permanent Resident Card/Alien Registration Card ‘Green Card’, I-151 or I-551)
  • International Student attending college in the United States (F-1 Visa & valid I-20)
  • Temporary Resident (i.e.: DACA) (Employment Authorization Card I-766)
  • Asylee (Unexpired I-94 card with an Asylee stamp)
  • Cuban-Haitian Entrant (Unexpired I-94 card with a Cuban-Haitian Entrant stamp)
  • Humanitarian Parolee (Unexpired I-94 card with a Humanitarian Parolee stamp)
  • Refugee (Unexpired I-94 card with a Refugee stamp or Refugee Travel Document I-571)
  • Phi Theta Kappa member enrolled in an associate degree program in a sovereign nation where a Phi Theta Kappa chapter exists (Birth Certificate or Passport from the sovereign nation)

***Social Security Cards and Driver’s Licenses are NOT acceptable forms of documentation***

Residency Eligibility noted within the Scholarship Application pertains to scholarships directly administered by Phi Theta Kappa and does not confer, suggest or imply eligibility for scholarships administered and funded through All-State Academic Team Programs, which are administered and awarded by the respective state, nor does it confer, suggest or imply eligibility for transfer scholarships administered and funded by the four-year college or university.

Participating All-State Programs MAY accept nominees with varying residency statuses.  For more information about the residency statuses accepted for All-State Programs, contact your All-State Coordinator.

*Other Forms of Acceptable Documentation

  • Reentry Permit (I-327) - a permanent resident who intends to remain abroad for more than one year must acquire a Reentry Permit before leaving the US.
  • Form FS-240 Certificate of Birth by a Foreign Service Post - individuals born on foreign soil during parental service. (US Citizen)
  • Form N-560 or N-561 Certificate of Citizenship - individuals who derive US Citizenship through a parent. (US Citizen)
  • Form N-550 or N-570 Certificate of Naturalization - individuals who have been naturalized. (US Citizen)
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.