To be eligible for membership:
- You must be enrolled in an accredited institution offering an associate degree program.
- You must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree (part-time students may be eligible).*
- You must generally have a grade point average of 3.5.**
- You must receive an invitation to membership from the chapter at the college where presently enrolled.
To find out if you are eligible for Phi Theta Kappa membership, contact your local chapter advisor.
* Part-time students are usually eligible for membership if they have accumulated the total number of hours used by the college to designate full-time status (usually 12 hours on a semester system). The decision to make part-time students eligible is an option of the local chapter and should be addressed in each chapter's bylaws. International students attending college outside their home countries are eligible for membership if they have completed at least 12 hours of associate degree course work and have met the required cumulative grade point average.
** A chapter may raise eligibility standards as long as they are in accordance with the Society's Constitution.