Applications are now being accepted for the 2022-2023 All-USA/Coca-Cola Academic Teams, New Century Pathways, and All-State Academic Teams. Nominated students are placed into national competition for nearly $500,000 in scholarship opportunities. The work that you do by nominating deserving students for these programs is critical to recognizing the nation’s top college students, and we thank you for serving as a nominator for your college campus(es).
Each college campus can nominate up to two career-technical (CTE) or workforce-ready applicants for the New Century Workforce Pathway Scholarship program in addition to the two nominations your college will be making as part of the All-USA Academic Team/New Century Transfer Pathway program. Click here to view your college’s nominator(s). If someone different should be named as the nominator for your college campus locations, complete a Change of Nominator form.
Student Deadline to complete an application – 5:00pm CT on December 1, 2022
Nominator Deadline to nominate completed applicants – 5:00pm CT on December 7, 2022
Support for Nominators:
One (1) letter of recommendation is required. Should recommenders have privacy concerns, email our office at email@example.com for a solution. Tips for nominators are available in a special “Nominators Section” of our Articles Library, which may be accessed by going to support.ptk.org and clicking on Scholarships. A webinar will be available for nominators in the coming weeks.
Your login to Access Materials and Nominate Students:
- Click this link: https://scholarships.ptk.org/.
- When prompted, enter your PTK username and password. Forgot your password? Follow the prompts to change your password if needed.
- Once you have logged in, look for “Nominator” at the top of your screen next to the PTK logo and “Dashboard.”
- Hover your mouse over “Nominator” and click on “View Applicants.” (Hovering over “Scholarships” and “PTK Scholarship Application” will take you to the application like a student.)
View Student Applications:
- All of your campus locations are listed in the Campus box above the grid of applicants; you have the option of selecting to view All Campuses or each campus separately.
- A campus will only appear if a student has selected that college/campus in their application; your contact information is shown to the student should they have any questions about the nomination process.
- You may share your username and password with other faculty members needing access for review purposes.
- Only students who are eligible for the All-USA/New Century Pathways programs will appear in your portal.
- Sample email texts are available from our Nominator Articles Section.
- As the deadline approaches, urge students with an incomplete application to complete their entries to be considered.
- Students who are nominated with incomplete applications will be removed from the nomination process after the deadline has passed and will not be considered for the All-USA Academic Team.
Helping Students Log In to the Application:
Students will log in to the application with the PTK web credentials using the same link: https://scholarships.ptk.org. Non-PTK members should click on the Create A Guest Account link on the login page and follow the prompts to create an account. Once the student has logged in, they should hover the mouse over “Scholarships” at the top of the screen, select “PTK Scholarship Application” from the drop-down menu, and follow the instructions to begin the application.
The PTK Scholarship Application is comprised of many scholarships included on this one application. PTK members may apply for scholarships designated exclusively for members while simultaneously applying for the All-USA/Coca-Cola Academic Teams and New Century Transfer/Workforce Pathway Programs. Only nominated students will be considered for the All-USA/Coca-Cola Academic Teams and New Century Pathway Programs. Nominated students are also considered for placement on participating All-State Academic Teams at the discretion of the state’s designated All-State Coordinator. No action is needed on your part for applicants to be considered for any other scholarship programs.
Scholarship Programs by nomination:
- All-USA Academic Team – 20 Scholars, $5,000 scholarship
- Coca-Cola Academic Team
- 50 Gold Scholars, $1,500 scholarship
- 50 Silver Scholars, $1,250 scholarship
- 50 Bronze Scholars, $1,000 scholarship
- New Century Transfer Pathway Scholarship – 52 Scholars, $2,250 scholarship
- New Century Workforce Pathway Scholarship – 52 Workforce/Career-Bound Scholars, $1,250 scholarship (may have a separate nominator, check with your college president)
Scholarship Programs that do not require nomination:
- Hites Transfer Scholarship – 10 Scholars, $7,500 scholarship
- Guistwhite Scholarship – 15 Scholars, $5,000 scholarship
- Tennessee Valley Authority STEM Scholarship – 2 Scholars, $2,250 scholarship (for Mississippi residents)
- Calhoun Transfer Scholarship – 1 Scholar, $1,000 scholarship (for South Carolina residents)
- Pacific Region Scholarship – 1 Scholar, $1,000 scholarship (for Pacific Region residents)
- Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarship – 7 Scholars, $1,000 scholarship
- TEK Productions Scholarship – 1 Scholar, $500 scholarship
- StudyBuddy TEAS Prep Scholarship – 30 Scholars, 100% discount code ($300 value)
Citizenship Eligibility Reminder:
All scholarships included on the PTK Scholarship Application are open to students with a variety of citizenship statuses. Citizenship Eligibility noted within the PTK Scholarship Application pertains to scholarships directly administered by Phi Theta Kappa and does not confer, suggest, or imply citizenship eligibility for scholarships administered through All-State Academic Team Programs, which are administered and awarded by the respective state.
Deadline and Nominating Information:
The deadline for students to complete the PTK Scholarship Application is 5:00pm CT on December 1, 2022. Nominators have until 5:00pm CT on December 7, 2022, to select their college’s nominees. Each college campus can nominate up to four (4) students per campus: two (2) Workforce Pathway students and two (2) Transfer Pathway students. Workforce Pathway nominees should be entering the workforce in 2023 after completing a certificate or associate degree with no plans to obtain a bachelor's degree or higher, and Transfer Pathway nominees should be transferring to a four-year college or bachelor's degree program in 2023 after graduating from or leaving the associate degree program.
As nominator, you have the responsibility of reviewing the applications of your student nominees, making certain that the nominees meet the eligibility criteria and GPA, ensuring completeness of the nominees’ applications, and submitting your nominees’ applications online through the nominator portal. If the nominator is not the college president, we encourage you to share the nominator login with your Campus President to review the college’s participation requirements for student nominees. The nomination and affirmation will need to be completed by the December 7th deadline. If the affirmation process is not completed, nominated students will be disqualified.
***If you wish for students to complete their applications prior to the student deadline of December 1st, you will need to advertise your earlier internal deadline. Students who have been nominated with incomplete applications will be removed from the nomination process after the nomination deadline has passed unless prior arrangements have been made to complete the application.
As you begin selecting your campus(es) nominees from the nominator portal, this nomination process verifies the College’s commitment to the student’s participation in the All-USA/Coca-Cola Scholarship Program if selected as a national scholar. Students selected as All-USA or New Century Transfer Scholars are expected to attend the PTK Presidents Breakfast, held annually at the AACC Convention. By submitting nominees, your college agrees to provide travel accommodations to the 2023 AACC Convention in Spring 2023, to be held in Denver, Colorado, should your nominees be selected as an All-USA Academic Team Member or a New Century Transfer Pathway Scholar. More details will be provided to scholarship recipients and their colleges at the time of selection. Students selected as New Century Workforce Scholars will be recognized during the ACCT Leadership Congress in Fall 2023, to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, and more information and details regarding this recognition will be forthcoming as well should your nominees be selected.
If your college does not submit nominations by the deadline date, PTK will auto-nominate applicants for consideration in national programs on your behalf. These auto-nominations will be made from all campus locations that have completed applications without nominations for the current All-USA program. Nominators will be notified of automatic nominations following the nomination deadline. At that time, you will have the opportunity to replace or decline the nominations within 48 hours. If you do not want to nominate any of the applicants, and do not wish for PTK to auto-nominate, select the “elect not to nominate” option in the acknowledgement section.
If you have questions about the process or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.