Most scholarship applications have a least one essay question, which is key to the success of your application. These are some of the most heavily weighted portions of the application - use these eight tips to get yours right:
- Read all sections before writing.
- Understand the instructions.
- Use details, and be specific.
- Use action verbs to bring your essay to life.
- Essay calls for 500 words? Make the most of your words and get as close to the max as possible.
- Write sample paragraphs to finesse before finalizing your application.
- Proofread, proofread, and then proofread some more.
- Ask others to review and provide a critique.