**For the full 13-page PTK Scholarship Application Overview, which includes screenshots and other helpful hints/tips, please click the PDF located at the bottom of this article.**
The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Application contains access to nearly $1 million in scholarship opportunities, over $41 million in scholarships for All-State Academic Team members, as well as national and statewide recognition. Scholarships included on this application are: the All-USA/Coca-Cola Academic Team Programs, New Century Pathway program, Hites Transfer, Guistwhite, Tennessee Valley Authority STEM, GEICO Pathway to Completion Bachelor’s and Associate’s Degree programs, Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarships, as well as the Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholarships, IPSLEI Public Safety & Fire Science Scholarships, Workforce Development programs, TEK Productions Scholarship, Walgreens Pharmacy Technician Scholarship, and several regional scholarships in Mississippi, Texas, South Carolina, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee.
Applicants will complete a quiz that is built into the application to determine eligibility. If a student is eligible for programs on this application, shared tabs will open for completion. If the quiz determines that a student is ineligible to apply, the scholarship application will remain locked, and the student will not be given access. Phi Theta Kappa members have one additional tab to report PTK activities that a non-member will not see.
Please note the following changes to PTK's Scholarship App:
The scholarship application is now open from March until December. With one application, students are considered for all of PTK’s internally-administered scholarships. Gone are the days of separate applications for the fall and spring. This is a dynamic application - it is the student’s responsibility to keep the application updated so that eligibility for programs will remain relevant through the closing date. This may include logging in periodically to update responses to writing prompts and updating information previously provided in tables and discussion questions, as well as uploading current transcripts and letters of recommendation.
Students, advisors, and nominators should be aware that changing responses to the eligibility questions may change program eligibility, making a student eligible for additional programs or making them ineligible for programs for which they were previously eligible. A student’s application completion status may also be updated from Complete to Incomplete as additional tabs may be provided as additional programs become available.
- There will be two application cycles with deadlines in the spring & fall. Deadline dates are posted throughout the application, and your deadline is directly connected to the programs you have eligibility for. This application platform allows students to continually build upon their application throughout the year. Responses will not be cleared until the system closes for maintenance in December each year.
- There is no formal submission process – applications are considered for selection when they are complete on the deadline date.
- Letter of Recommendation – The students are responsible for obtaining and uploading a Letter of Recommendation. Should students have questions about the content or format of a letter of recommendation, a link has been provided to an article that outlines both content and format. If a recommender is uncomfortable with providing the letter directly to the student, please contact the Scholarship team at email@example.com for an alternate solution.
- Proof of Citizenship – Applicants are required to upload their proof of citizenship at the time of application. Forms of acceptable proof of citizenship can be accessed here.
- Volunteerism Tab – Streamlined to collect more volunteerism, even activities related to PTK membership.
- PTK Activities Tab – Condensed to focus on PTK activities. The discussion question is now the perfect place to talk about Chapter Projects, College Projects, HIA, or other chapter-related activities.
- Workforce Tab – We have created a separate tab for career-bound students that is tailored to their unique experience. This tab is only visible to workforce (career-tech) students and includes condensed questions that are more relevant to their interests and experiences.
**For the full 13-page PTK Scholarship Application Overview, which includes screenshots and other helpful hints/tips, please click the PDF below.**