**For the full 15-page PTK Scholarship Application Overview, which includes screenshots and other helpful hints/tips, please click the PDF located at the bottom of this article.**
The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Application contains access to nearly $1 million in scholarship opportunities, over $41 million in scholarships for All-State Academic Team members, as well as national and statewide recognition. Scholarships included on this application are: the All-USA/Coca-Cola Academic Team Programs, New Century Pathway program, Hites Transfer, Guistwhite, Tennessee Valley Authority STEM, GEICO Pathway to Completion Bachelor’s and Associate’s Degree programs, Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarships, as well as the Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholarships, IPSLEI Public Safety & Fire Science Scholarships, Workforce Development programs, TEK Productions Scholarship, and several regional scholarships in Mississippi, Texas, South Carolina, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee.
Applicants will complete a quiz that is built into the application to determine eligibility. If a student is eligible for programs on this application, shared tabs will open for completion. If the quiz determines that a student is ineligible to apply, the scholarship application will remain locked, and the student will not be given access. Phi Theta Kappa members have one additional tab to report PTK activities that a non-member will not see.
Please note the following updates to PTK's Scholarship App:
The scholarship application is now open from March until December. With one application, students are considered for most of PTK’s internally-administered scholarships. Gone are the days of separate applications for the fall and spring. This is a dynamic application - it is the student’s responsibility to keep the application updated so that eligibility for programs will remain relevant through the two closing dates (May 14th for spring programs / December 1st for fall programs). This may include logging in periodically to update responses to writing prompts and updating information previously provided in tables and discussion questions, as well as uploading current transcripts and letters of recommendation.
Students, advisors, and nominators should be aware that changing responses to the eligibility questions may change program eligibility, making a student eligible for additional programs or making them ineligible for programs for which they were previously eligible. A student’s application completion status may also be updated from Complete to Incomplete as additional tabs may be provided as additional programs become available.
- There are two application cycles. Deadline dates are posted throughout the application, and posted deadlines are directly connected to the programs that students have eligibility for. This application platform allows students to continually build upon their application throughout the year. Responses will not be cleared until the system closes for maintenance in December each year.
- The Essay Tab and Upload Tab have been replaced by a Spring App tab and a Fall App tab (available August 1st). Each application tab (Spring and Fall) contains the essay questions for those programs, as well as a slot to upload a letter of recommendation and a spring or fall transcript.
- Letter of Recommendation – Letters of recommendation are required for both spring and fall programs. Students are responsible for obtaining and uploading a current Letter of Recommendation for both the spring and fall tabs (if they are eligible for both spring and fall programs). Additional information about letters of recommendation is provided at the end of this document.
- Proof of Citizenship – Applicants are required to upload their proof of citizenship at the time of application. Forms of acceptable proof of citizenship can be accessed here. All students will upload their proof of citizenship on the Applicant Info tab. Privacy concerns can be shared with the Scholarship team at email@example.com.
- Workforce Tab – This tab is tailored to the unique experience of career-bound students. We have added a discussion question, transcript, and letter of recommendation upload to this section of hte application. This tab is only visible to workforce (career-tech) students and includes condensed questions that are more relevant to their interests and experiences.
**For the full 15-page PTK Scholarship Application Overview, which includes screenshots and other helpful hints/tips, please click the PDF below.**